Applied Corrugated Packaging Course
This Applied Corrugated Packaging Course is designed to up-skill existing or train new personnel working in the Corrugated Sector.
New One Day Course!
This course includes:
- Understanding the Customer’s needs
- Understanding the Specification and Performance
- Understanding the Conversion Process and Quality
|Contact us for the latest dates|
Who should attend:
This Applied Corrugated Packaging Course is designed to up-skill existing or train new personnel working in the Corrugated Sector. This course will bring them to a new level of understanding of the development stages, substrates and processes involved. It is ideal for Sales, CSR, Marketing Procurement, Production Supervisors, Sample-Makers and Engineers.
Broken down into three on-line sessions, as shown, the course will cover the requirements from the customer product NPD and performance point of view. It will then look at the market, the importance of the specification, paper and board manufacture and quality. And lastly, the production techniques used to print and convert the board, into an outer box of various styles… plus much more.
1 day to face to face, or on-line in 1-2 sessions
Understanding the Customer’s needs
- Market sectors – 0201, RDC, SRP, E-Commerce, POS
- Packaging fundamentals
- The functions of packaging
- The NPD process ( New Product Development )
- Packaging specifications, substrates and structures
Understanding the Specification and Performance
- Corrugate Supply Chain
- Papermaking – Pulp types, process and performance
- Liners – Kraft / Test – Quality Tests
- Board manufacture; deckling, fluting, slit / chop
- Styles – FEFCO – RSC – D/C – SRP
- *Sample Pack (additional cost tbc)
- Sample making / Common issues / Digital production
Understanding the Conversion Process and Quality
- Volume manufacturing process
- Origination & Repro – forms / plates etc.
- Slotting / RDC / FFG / Dire cut / Joining
- Printing – Flexo / Litholam – plates – anilox – dot gain – colour
- Pricing overview / USP
- Finished quality & performance
For further details on availability, course costs etc., please email email@example.com